BY-LAWS OF MESQUITE SENIORS GOLF ASSOCIATION
A: RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS.
- General responsibilities of the Board.
- To provide leadership that will advance the growth of the Association and nurture harmony and goodwill among members.
- To propose and/or support basic policies and goals for the Association that will be carried out by the Association Officers, appointed officials and
- To serve as a sounding board for Officers regarding regular and special activities of the Association.
- To conduct meetings for the transaction of Board business, as needed.
- To identify and solicit qualified Association Officer and Director candidates and conduct the annual Association Officer/Director election such that the elected
officials will be identified prior to the April joint Association/Director meeting.
- To periodically review the “Rules of Play for MSGA” and make recommended changes to the Association.
- ASSOCIATION OFFICERS: The responsibilities of the Association Officers follow.
- To be the interface between the Association Board of Directors and the Association Officers/Members.
- To provide leadership as chairperson of the Association Officers and to accomplish the established policies and goals of the Association.
- To preside at regular and special meetings of the Association.
- To authorize the Treasurer to disperse funds for approved expenditures.
- To appoint a Special Tournament Committee and other Committees as the conduct of Association business requires.
- To assure a review is made of all Association income and expenditures each six months.
- VICE PRESIDENT:
- To serve as acting President, in the President’s absence, with the same authority to complete business designated for Association Officers.
- To Serve as Chairperson for the review of the Treasurer’s records.
- To record the proceedings of all meetings, provide a written summary (minutes) to Association Officers and Directors at the next meeting.
- To maintain a historical file of relevant Association documents.
- To perfect and issue such notices, newsletters, and other correspondence agreed to by the Board and Association Officers.
- To organize and keep up to date the MSGA Bulletin Board.
- To maintain a current copy of the “Rules od Play for MSGA”.
- To maintain and record, in simple ledger format, all income and expenditures of the Association.
- To maintain summary sheets for the weekly or special tournaments showing disbursements of funds by flight, individual, and/or team.
- To provide tournament results to the Secretary and Tournament Director for their distributions.
- To maintain individual envelopes for weekly payment of prize funds to members for tournament play. Closest to the pin, and hole in one.
- TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR:
- To assist the President in identifying members to serve on the Special Tournament Committee.
- To make available tournament signup sheets for members to sign indicating their intention to participate.
- To establish pairings for tournament play, assign tee times, and notify golfers of their tee time.
- To assist Special Tournament Committee in identifying, publicizing, and conducting Special Tournaments.
- To act as Chairperson for the annual 2-Day Special Tournament.
- To maintain and post results of Tournaments to the MSGA Web page.
- HANDICAP CHAIRMAN:
- To maintain custody of the Association Handicap Data and all necessary Handicap documents and hardware that comes under ownership of the Association during the
designated term of office.
- To perform data entry to maintain records relating to each member’s handicap, in accordance with the USGA “Slope Handicap System” or the Callaway System, whichever
- To make available and explain individual handicaps, upon request, and to provide handicaps to the Tournament Director for use in setting up Special
- To maintain, and provide monthly to Association Officers and Directors, a current listing of names, addresses, zip codes, telephones numbers, and birthdates of all
- SPECIAL TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE:
- To present monthly special tournament recommendations to the Association Officers and Directors and gain their approval.
- To assist the Tournament Director, upon request, in publicizing and conducting special tournaments.
WELCOME TO MESQUITE SENIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION (MSGA)
- Must be 50 or older to become a member of MSGA.
- $35 Annual membership dues.
- $1 to get in hole-in-one pot.
- Historically, MSGA has had 35-70 players each week.
- Play every Thursday, weather permitting.
- Shotgun start, currently at 7:30am.
- Pay $8 each Thursday to MSGA Treasurer to participate in tournament.
- Green fees and cart fees will be paid to Mesquite Pro Shop.
- Walkers are permitted
- 40 players will constitute a normal tournament, 30 players will constitute a sub normal tournament. If we have 40 or more players in the tournament, Mesquite Golf
Club will issue a ticket to everyone in the tournament, redeemable at the snack bar for a drink, hotdog, and chips. Less than 30 players constitute a “no Tournament”.
- Tournaments will pay 4 places in each flight. Some tournaments may have fewer flights.
- Payout is available in cash the week following the tournament.
- Each par 3 has a closet to the pin payout.
- Tournaments are stroke play, except there are special tournaments the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Callaway rules apply when establishing handicaps. (See MSGA Handicap Chairman for details).
- Flight assignments are determined and posted by Handicap Chairman prior to tournaments.
- Sign up is week prior to tournament. Tournament Director will determine foursomes if your group does not have an established foursome.
- Contact Mesquite Pro Shop or MSGA Tournament Director no later than 3pm on Wednesday prior to Thursday tournament to be added or dropped from
- Tournament starting hole assignment are made by Tournament Director.
- USGA Rules of play apply, except as noted in MSGA by-laws. (See MSGA Secretary)
- Permitted to move ball one club length anywhere except; out of bounds, hazard areas, heavy rough, or on green. No moving ball from rough to fairway.
- All putts are putted out, no gimmies.
- MSGA Members 75 years and older are permitted to play from forward tees following tournament Director and Handicap Chairman notification.
“Contact MSGA Board Member for questions not addressed.”